Reading through the posts on laundry room etiquette at http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/on-shared-laundry-…
it really hit home in 2 ways:
- Doing laundry in many shared laundry facilities is a hassle and wastes a great deal of time;
- As a company specializing in portable washing machines and dryers, we are definitely in the right business!
Some of the main issues with laundry room etiquette include:
- Many people leave their clothes in the washers and dryers after their loads are done, inconveniencing others waiting to use the machines;
- People are not in general agreement on whether or not to remove someone’s clothes if they are left in the machine, and if so, where to put them;
- Some people might put your clothes in the dryer and turn it on, but while this sounds nice, there is a risk of some items getting damaged by the dryer;
- You can get wrinkles if you don’t remove clothes from the dryer in a timely manner;
- There are privacy and “yuck” factors associated with handling other people’s laundry;
- Most laundromats and laundry rooms no longer carry spin dryers, which can dramatically reduce drying time;
- In many apartment complexes, the ratio of washers and dryers to residents is very low, i.e. 60:1 or 2 causing availability issues.
Need any more reasons to buy an apartment washer and dryer for under $200?